Pigtail League Rules
Updated Sunday March 22, 2015 by Kris Marceca.
Rule Summary for AGSA Pigtail League.
The full rules are included here as an attachment and can be downloaded.
- Game length:5 complete innings or 90 minute – no new inning can start after 75 minutes
- Umpires: Yes, when available. If official umpire, they make all calls – NO discussion. If no official umpire, base coaches make calls at bases and offensive coach makes calls at plate.
- Coaches in the field: 1 defensive coach allowed in field. Offensive coach allowed only if pitching.
- # of players on Field: 6 infield, 4 outfield
- Pitching (2nd grade): Coach Pitch- no Tee
- Pitching (3rd grade): Coach Pitch with kid pitch introduced in 2nd half of season (date to be determined by Commissioner)
- Kid Pitch: (3rd grade only) Max 6 outs per game
- Batting Order: Continuous
- Called strikes**: No for 2nd grade teams. Yes, after a few games, for 3rd grade teams
- Overthrows: No extra bases
- Interference: Any ball that hits a player, base, umpire (on the field), or ball bucket is a LIVE ball and should be played
- Hit to outfield: For 2nd grade teams, one extra base — For 3rd grade teams, run until ball in control in infield as determined by umpire or 1st base coach if no umpire