AGSA Spring 2017 Registration is CLOSED
Opening Day is just around the Corner!
Updated Monday March 27, 2017 by Kris Marceca.
The AGSA Spring 2017 season OPENING DAY is just around the corner! The recent lovely weather has all of us thinking about the SPRING! If you have any questions or difficulties, contact Kris Marceca at AGSAregistrar@gmail.com. We have had a great turnout this season and all FOUR of the leagues are full and now closed. Registration for FALL BALL will open in mid June!
- Pixie League (Kindergarten & 1st grade
- Pigtail League (2nd and 3rd grades)
- Ponytail League (4th and 5th grades)
- Diamond League (6th grade and higher)
The AGSA is mostly run by volunteers. In order to have a successful Spring season, we need your help - coaching, helping with some of the ancillary activities such as photo day or if you have a special talent that you are willing to share, WE WANT TO KNOW! Email the AGSA President, Steve Severn at email@example.com for more information.
Please note, the AGSA does make financial assistance is available to those in need. The deadline for all scholarship requests was 2/20/17.
2017 AGSA House Spring Schedule – Last updated 3/2/2017
The dates listed represent our best estimate at this point in time and are intended for pre-season planning purposes.
It is AGSA’s goal to maintain this schedule to the extent under our control. However, dates do change and we keep the schedule updated on the agsafastpitch.com website.
- Feb 17th - Deadline for GUARANTEED TEAM PLACEMENT (after this date, waitlists may be in use or new teams may be formed but the league will close when full)
- March 7th - ALL COACHES MEETING – Coaches from 7:30-9:30p @ Langston Brown
- March 10th - Uniform Orders Placed
- March 11th- Fields Open- Practices Start
- March 11th - Summer All Star (SAS) Coach Applications Open
- March 18th - Registration Closes (Late Fee Applies)
- March 19th - Summer All Star (SAS) Coach Applications CLOSED
- March 25th - Coaches Clinic 9:00- 11:00am @ ATS
- March 26-
- All Leagues General Clinics @ Greenbrier 3:00-6:00p
- Sage 9U Tryouts @ Greenbrier #1 (Sun 12:30a – 2:30p)
- Summer All Star (SAS) Coaches Selected
- March 27th – Sage 9U Tryout @ Greenbrier #1- 7:00-8:30 (if necessary)
- March 31st –Uniform Distribution All Leagues
- April 1st- AGSA OPENING DAY!!! (Games begin all leagues)
- April 8th – Games are “on” even though spring break starts Monday April 10
- April 10th - APS Spring Break begins
- April 15th - No games- Spring Break
- April 23rd
- Pitch, Hit, Run Event @ Barcroft
- Summer All Star (SAS) Open Practice #1
- Start Pitching Clinics @ ATS
- April 30th- Summer All Star (SAS) Open Practice #2
- May 6th - AGSA Photo Day (Pixie/Pigtail)
- May 7th –
- Summer All Star (SAS) team tryouts
- Pitching Clinic #3 @ ATS
- May 10th - Summer All Star (SAS) players notified
- May 13th – AGSA Photo Day-(Ponytail/Diamond)
- May 14th –
- Summer All*Star Practices begin
- Pitching Clinic #4 @ ATS
- May 20th – Photo Day–Rain Make-up (if necessary)
- May 21st – (Final) Pitching Clinic @ ATS)
- May 29th- Memorial Day
- May 30th - Final week of regular season games (all leagues)
- June 3 - 9 - Pigtail, Ponytail & Diamond Playoffs
- June 10th –Ponytail and Diamond Championship Games
- June 11th –Pigtail Championship, Ponytail and Diamond All-Star Games
- June 12th -
- Start of AGSA Summer All Star (SAS) Season
- Fall Ball Registration OPENS
AGSA offers the pitching clinics for a separate fee - once these clinics have been confirmed, more information will be sent out.